|Top 10 Most Important Manners According to ParentsParents want their children to shine when they interact with others. According to a number of surveys, they say they most want their kids to:
- Always say “please,” “thank you,” and “excuse me.”
- Write thank you notes for gifts.
- Look people in the eye when speaking to them.
- Pick up clothes left on the floor; put dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
- Wait their turn to speak rather than interrupt.
- Use proper table manners.
- Be thoughtful and considerate of others – especially about opening doors and offering seats to older people.
- Listen when others speak and respond clearly when spoken to.
- Respect the privacy and property of others
- Have good phone manners.
None of the above is impossible to achieve and all are traits and practices that will stand your children in good stead when they are adults, too. With just a little persistence and role modeling, your kids will make you and themselves proud! (This was found on a web page — not my creation)